We know sheltering in place can seem a bit boring.
Now is the time to knock out anything you’ve been putting off.
1. Take care of small home improvement projects you’ve been putting off. Many of us buy things like switch plates, light fixtures, faucets, etc with the intention of replacing them. It just continually gets put off till its forgotten about, and ends up in the back of a closet somewhere. Pull those things out! Now is your time to shine.
2. Read one of the many books you’ve purchased and put on your bookshelf to collect dust.
3. Relaxing from your normally busy life? Binge watch movies or TV series.
4. Organize your kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
5. Knock out your spring cleaning!
6. Clean and paint your baseboards.
7. Organize your junk drawer. (When else would you do this?)
8. Use YouTube to take a yoga/fitness class.
9. Make a list of things you’re thankful for. (Focusing on the positive things can really help keep your mood elevated!)
10. Clean up your yard.
11. Buy gift cards from local businesses to help keep them open through their very limited means of generating income.
12. File your taxes online.
13. Rearrange all your furniture. It’ll give you a “new” room to look at.
14. Learn to crochet.
15. Challenge: Bake something with things you have in your pantry.
16. Learn a foreign language. There are many apps for this. Duo Lingo is a popular one.
17. Go through your closet and drawers. Put items you won’t wear anymore in a box for donation.
18. Organize your garage.
19. Challenge: make a chef-worthy meal with only things you have in your fridge/pantry.
20. Enjoy a nap. You probably deserve it. May as well take advantage of sheltering in place.
What Businesses Are Open While We’re “Sheltering in Place”?
Owl Repairs – they repair computers, tablets, smartphones and any other electronic repair need you may have – 678-813-2349 – owlrepairs.com or call 229-472-4041 if you want them to come to you.
Your Personal Shopper Tracey – she purchases and delivers your groceries to your door – shop.dumpling.us/traceyg
Shake by the Lake – take out only
Invictus Clinic – 770-580-0979 – IV Vitamin therapy, including Vitamin C to help prep the immune system. They sanitize regularly touched surfaces. There’s hand sanitizer available and they wash their hands regularly. Currently, they’re offering a special for $50 – a liter bag of IV fluids plus the cost of any add-ons – learn more
The Kennel at Shady Hill Farm – boarding services for your furbabies. Isolated on over 10 acres, they never have an overlap of people and pets in the front areas. They operate on a by appointment only basis – 678-909-5016
Autowise Collision in Acworth – 770-966-7414 – Autowisecollision.com
Resources for Seniors
Your Personal Shopper Tracey – she gets and delivers your groceries – shop.dumpling.us/traceyg
Caring Senior Service – is looking for seniors who need help at home. All of their caregivers are carefully screened and trained. Caring Senior Service has made COVID-19 training mandatory for all employees.
Their health is monitored, their family’s health is monitored, plus the clients they care for. Families can log in to see which CNA’s are scheduled, what tasks have been done, etc. Tablets are in the homes, so video conferencing is possible with the client and their family.
NOTE: They need more masks, if you know anyone who has these or can make a donation yourself. CaringSeniorService.com
Silver Companions – they run errands for seniors among other services, in effort to help seniors stay home.
Alfa Insurance – 770-924-6900 – JBagby@alfains.com – auto, home, life and small business insurance.
Farmers Insurance – The Kamau Agency – 404-736-6661 – email@example.com – or visit their website.
The Lucerna Agency – they offer private indemnity insurance, MEC coverage, prescription benefits, dental/vision health matching account and various life policies. No exams are required for most of the products they offer. They are doing all applications electronically.
AccuTemp Heating & Cooling
We will remain open for all your heating and air needs. We’re an essential business. We will continue providing service for our existing clients, as well as new clients.
Part of our office staff is working from home. CDC guidelines are being followed in every aspect of our business. Our technicians have masks, gloves, boot covers and hand sanitizer. Between calls, they are sanitizing.
You’re sheltering in place, and we have NO CONTACT service available. When you call us to schedule let us know if you’d prefer no contact service.
We’re here to keep you comfortable, while you’re staying in your homes, and staying socially responsible.
Major League Roofing – 404-406-3833 – they handle roof replacements and roof repairs.
Gem Screens – 770-479-5299 – Gemscreens.com
They build screened Eze Breeze porch enclosures, make custom and standard window screens, sell and install storm doors and windows. No more pollen on your porch or patio! Assessing your needs does not require any contact that breaks the rules of social distancing.
Vision Pest Management – a small, family owned pest control company. They provide: pest control, termite, mosquito and wildlife services for both residential and commercial customers – www.visionpestmanagement.com
Southern Best Home Services LLC – handyman services, woodworking, flooring, drywall repair, minor electrical, gutter cleaning etc. – 770-7736427 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jkey Restoration – Full emergency service for fire, water and mold – 770-222-9852
Top Notch Appliance Repair – they service all major kitchen and laundry appliances – 770-928-9140 – book online
Infinite Energy – they are Georgia’s highest rated natural gas supplier. They provide residential and commercial service – 770-690-6538 – email@example.com
Corporate Payroll Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hogan Truck Leasing and Rental – they offer box trucks, day cabs and yard spotters. They rent to companies and can deliver if needed. Reach out to them at 678-723-1500 or email@example.com
CMIT Soultions – they help clients adjust work environments to meet current needs through IT support – visit their website for more information.
Personalized Technology Services – technology that connects people. They have a platform available for digital meetings and other digital services – firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be updating this resource regularly as we find more businesses that are remaining open and deemed essential. We also post helpful tips for homeowners on our blog. Feel free to use this information on your own website, blog or social media.